I’m really excited to announce the details for the PALEO CHALLENGE. I hope we have a great turnout as we have in the past. This time we are doing the challenge in a different format.
CrossFit FUSION PALEO CHALLENGE:
DATE: May 5th – June 2nd
ENTRY FEE: $30
Before and After:
1) Measurements are highly encouraged but are optional. You will not have the opportunity to earn any points if you decide to opt out of this portion of the challenge.
Two ways to get measured:
A. Body weight. You will earn 1 point per pound lost. 1/2 point per 1/2 pound lost.
B. waist circumference. You will earn 1 point per inch lost and 1/2 point per half inch lost.
A. benchmark wod: 1 RM power clean. 1 point earned per pound improvement from week 1 to week 4
B. Endurance wod: 1000 meter row for time. 1 point earned for every 2 seconds better in time from week 1 to week 4.
EAT REAL FOOD – MEAT AND VEGETABLES, NUTS AND SEEDS, SOME FRUIT, LITTLE STARCH AND NO PROCESSED FOODS. NO DAIRY, GRAINS OR ALCOHOL.
You will start with a score of 4 for every day.
Minus 1 point for minor cheat – milk and sugar in coffee, condiments such as ketchup, mayo ect
Minus 2 points for significant cheat but not an entire meal – one glass of wine/beer, slice of bread.
Minus 3 points for major cheat – pizza, pasta, ice cream, 2-3 glasses of beer/wine.
Minus 4 points for more than one solid cheat throughout the day. 2 plus meals lost
You can earn 3 bonus points per day. Earn one point for each of the following:
– Attend a CrossFit class at Thor Fitness
– Get 8 hours of sleep in the night (naps not included).
– drink 64 ounces of water per day.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
The challenge starts Monday, May 5th. Sign up with me before the challenge starts.
There will be a 1st place, second place and third place winner that will divide up the pot. Winner will get 70%, second place 20% and third place 10%.
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
1. Throw out the junk.
2. Fill your refrigerator with fresh fruit, veggies and lean meat.
3. Do meal prep at the beginning of the week.
4. Find a support system at home and get your family on board.
5. Hang out with others in the challenge and form a support type system to help each other out. You can discuss your progress, recipes ect…
6. Most important, have fun on your road to a healthy lifestyle.
I WILL HAVE SHEETS FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR POINTS FOR DAILY EATING REQUIREMENTS AS WELL AS BEFORE AND AFTER MEASUREMENTS AND WORKOUTS.
(keep it light boys and girls. This is our second day of light and dynamic work)
Tabata back squats 65#/45#. 20 seconds work: 10 seconds rest for 8 intervals. During 10 second rest time bar remains on back.
50 good mornings 45#/35#
EMOM 14 min:
Odd min: 5 power snatch 115#/75# RX+ 135#/95#
Even min: 12 box jumps 24″/20″ RX+ 30″/24″
odd min: 3 power snatch 65#/35#
Even min: 10 box jumps 14″/11″